Friday, October 1, 2010

Exercise energizes

Sometimes I plum forget the effects of exercising.

I haven't danced Tango since New Years Eve because I was in so much pain for most of that evening that I haven't had the desire to do that to myself again.

But I did dance ballroom with Tony in Toronto at the 30-Up club completely without pain. I was just so out of shape that I could hardly breath after one dance. The miracle was that my feet did not hurt so I am so looking forward to returning to TO just to dance again.

So, my plan is to exercise seriously and get fit so that I can dance for the whole evening, or at least as long as my feet don't hurt.

I joined the Riley Park Community Centre with a three month leisure pass that will expire in December. I have attended two classes of exercise, both of which are just what I need - one was a mild boot camp - briskly walking around the gym getting up my heart beat, stopping and starting, stepping over apparatus placed stragically so that we walk two steps and step up for one and walk for two, etc. Then we walked around them, we walked backwards, we used balls to exercise our legs - we used light weights while walking and while exercising against the wall - then we ended with mat work.

The next class was at 7:00 am, this morning. It was core work - very gentle balancing on balls, then holding the balls while balancing on one leg, - we walked outside around the block twice - exactly what I need.

I plan to do some aqua fit classes - they have them at the new fitness centre just across the street from the old Riley Park Centre. Aqua fit is available every day for an hour at 9:30 am. I will try to fit in at least one or two per week.

Am I overdoing the fitness thing? I don't think so - after all I have nothing else to do and I certainly need to get fit.

Went to Deep Cove with Bernice this afternoon and I had so much energy I couldn't sit still - I felt light and energetic - it was wonderful.

I am also planning to go Salsa dancing - which means I will attract a friend to go with me since I would rather go with someone than go alone.

I would also like to find a friend to go ballroom dancing with. Let's see if the Universe provides me with that too - it could be male or female. It could be just one person who loves to dance and is game to try out all kinds of dancing.

Deep Cove is so beautiful - it is one of my favourite places to go and we usually have an early dinner -we split a BLT with avocado and lettuce sandwich and french fries at the Bistro at the corner of the main street - we always sit outside and to day was warm and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment